This Privacy Statement describes the types of personal information Lewis & Bark (“Lewis & Bark,” “us,” “we” or “our”) collects through our web sites that link to this Privacy Statement, including without limitation www.lewis-bark.com and any related sub domain names (the “Site”). This Privacy Statement does not govern our collection of personal information through any website or other means, other than through the Site.
By using the Site, you explicitly accept, without limitation or qualification, our practices surrounding the collection, use, and sharing of personal information provided by you in the manner described in this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree with the terms of this Privacy Statement, please do not access, browse, or use the Site.II. Personal Information We Collect
A. Actively Collected Information
Personal information includes information that identifies you, whether directly or indirectly. Lewis & Bark requests and collects personal information from our users at various site locations and instances, including, but not limited to, when you register as a user of the Site, submit information or request information from us, contact entries, use the services offered through the Site or using your Paw Partner account, These are currently the primary ways in which we gather information; however, we may also collect data through other channels in the future.
The types of personal information we may actively collect from you can vary according to the method through which it was attained. It may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Full name
- Postal address
- Email address
- Telephone number and/or mobile telephone number
- Billing information and payment details (such as billing address, credit card details, and other sensitive financial information, specifically for the purpose of completing your transaction)
- Username and password for your Paw Partner Site membership
- Location and geographic information that could be collected if you use our mobile site or app
- Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties
If you opt not to provide us with personal information you can still access the Site, however you may be unable to receive certain services, participate in certain promotions, such as sweepstakes, or create login credentials in order to use certain functionalities on the Site.
B. Passively Collected Information
We may collect certain information about your use of the Site through the use of tracking technologies or by other passive means. We may use analytics applications such as Google Analytics to help us collect and analyze this information. This “passively collected” information includes, but is not limited to, the domain name of the website that allowed you to navigate to the Site, search engines used, the internet protocol (“IP”) address used, the length of time spent on the Site, the pages you looked at on the Site, other websites you visited before and after visiting the Site, your browser type, the frequency of your visits to the Site, and other relevant statistics, including the following:
- Log Information. When you access the Site, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, IP address (or the proxy server you use to access the internet), location data, browser type, browser language, your computer operating system, your mobile device and mobile operating system, the name of your internet service provider or your mobile carrier, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies (small text files containing a string of characters) that may uniquely identify your browser.
Navigation Information. When you visit or access the Site we automatically receive the URL of the site from which you came (known as a “referring URL”) and the site to which you are going when you leave the Site. Additionally, advertisers receive the URL of the page you were on when you click on an ad on the Site. The Site may include links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether you have clicked on a link or opened an email from us. We use this information to improve the quality of our products and design.
- Location Data. We may also receive location data passed to us from location-enabled devices or from third-party services. You may at any time opt-out from further allowing us to have access to your location data by adjusting the permissions in your mobile device. Even after you opt out, service providers may collect device-specific information (such as a unique device identifier) when you use our Site.
- Web Beacons. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are 1×1 single-pixel graphics that allow us to count the number of users who have visited or accessed the Site and to recognize users by accessing our cookies. We may employ web beacons to facilitate Site administration and navigation, to track the actions of users of the Site, to compile aggregate statistics about Site usage and response rates, and to provide an enhanced online experience for visitors to the Site. We may also include web beacons in HTML-formatted e-mail messages that we send to determine which e-mail messages were opened.